We have extensive experience in resolving a wide range of commercial disputes from simple contractual disputes to complex matters. We focus on delivering cost effective strategic solutions to our clients in a timely fashion including through alternative dispute resolution techniques such as mediation.
James Sullivan is the only lawyer based in Gippsland to hold the Law Institute of Victoria specialist accreditation in commercial litigation.
Our lawyers have appeared in the Federal Court, Federal Circuit Court, Supreme Court, County Court, Magistrates' Court and VCAT.
We advise and act for companies and individuals involved in all aspects of commercial litigation including the following matters:
- Building disputes
- Contract disputes
- Consumer law
- Debt recovery
- Director's duties
- Franchising disputes
- Insolvency and bankruptcy
- Insurance and superannuation claims
- Intellectual property
- Negligence (including professional negligence)
- Property disputes (including partition proceedings and retail tenancy disputes)
- Share farming disputes
- Shareholder, partnership and trust disputes